Can't believe it's September 11 again. I still remember what I was doing the morning I found out what was happening. I turned on the news before going to school for no reason and the first thing I saw was a tower in smoke. I arrived to class and the art teacher brought in a TV so that we could all watch what was going on. I couldn't believe what had happened. At that point in time, I don't think I was really aware of "terrorism." Was the rest of the US living in obliviousness just as I was? Makes me sad that One World Trade Center (aka the "Freedom Tower") has not been completed yet.
Went to Michael's the other day and bought 3 shirts. Now that I've received my red Helvetica Moleskine, I plan on making a shirt to match. No screen printing for me. Instead, I'll be hand lettering by using a stencil and filling it in with fabric paint. (I think it's fun to paint shirts...but I'm also too cheap to invest in a screen printing kit.) So happy about my moleskine...got myself one of 500 copies!
Top: Red and Black versions.
Left: The cross on the front cover.
Right: Helvetica in German, French, Italian, and Romansh, respectively. (Romansh is one of the four national languages of Switzerland, along with German, Italian and French, and is spoken in the southern regions of Switzerland.)


No comments:
Post a Comment